Super stainless steel and nickel-based alloy are a kind of special stainless steel. Firstly, they are different from ordinary stainless steel in chemical composition. They refer to a kind of high-alloy stainless steel with high nickel, high chromium and high molybdenum. One of the more famous steels is 6% Mo steel (254SMo). This type of steel has very good local corrosion resistance. It has good pitting corrosion resistance (PI≥ 40) and good stress corrosion resistance, it is a substitute material for Ni-based alloy and titanium alloy. Secondly, in terms of high temperature resistance or corrosion resistance, it has more excellent high temperature or corrosion resistance, which is irreplaceable for 304 stainless steel. In addition, from the classification of stainless steel, the metallographic structure of special stainless steel is a stable austenitic metallographic structure.
Because this special stainless steel is a high-alloy material, the manufacturing process is quite complicated. Generally, people can only rely on traditional processes to manufacture this special stainless steel, such as infusion, forging, rolling, and so on.
In many fields, such as:
1. Ocean: Marine structures in the marine environment, seawater desalination, mariculture, seawater heat exchange, etc.
2. Environmental protection field: flue gas desulfurization device for thermal power generation, waste water treatment, etc.
3. Energy field: nuclear power generation, comprehensive utilization of coal, sea tide power generation, etc.
4. Petrochemical industry: oil refining, chemical and chemical equipment, etc.
5. Food field: salt making, soy sauce brewing, etc.
In the above-mentioned many fields, ordinary stainless steel 304 is not competent. In these special fields, special stainless steel is indispensable and cannot be replaced. In recent years, with the rapid economic development and the continuous improvement of the industrial level, more and more projects require higher-grade stainless steel-special stainless steel (super stainless steel, nickel-based alloy).
Some representative special stainless steels are:
1. Super stainless steel, that is to say, it is a special stainless steel containing about 6% molybdenum. There are more than ten kinds of steel in the world. Everyone too
Called 6 molybdenum stainless steel. For example, the main component is: 25Ni-23Cr-5.5Mo-0.2N
2. Incoloy series alloys, such as Incoloy800, the main components are: 32Ni-21Cr-Ti, Al
3. Inconel series alloys, such as Inconel600, the main components are: 73Ni-15Cr-Ti, Al
4. Hastelloy, such as C-276, the main component is: 59Ni-15Cr-16Mo-4W
5. Monel alloy, such as Monel 400, the main component is: 65Ni-32Cu
Based on the above examples, if ordinary stainless steel (such as 304) is used instead of special stainless steel, ordinary stainless steel (304) is not suitable for such a high temperature or high corrosion environment, and the material will corrode immediately, or high temperature will occur. Oxidation. Therefore, special stainless steel is the best choice in many environments that require high temperature resistance and corrosion resistance.
Precision investment casting involves the manufacture of high-performance molds for casting complex parts. This process requires high precision and zero defects. When it is difficult or impossible to cast parts by other methods, investment casting is used.
During this process, the wax mold used to make the part is covered in the refractory coating. This "sheath" is made of multiple layers of refractory materials. When it is stacked to the required thickness, the mold will be quickly heated to melt the wax and harden the "sheath". This "sheath" is then used as a mold for casting parts.
Precision investment casting is challenging because:
l Need to continuously improve efficiency
l Need to continuously reduce costs
l Continuous demand for lighter parts